RetireSafe Presents Dave Reichert with 2012 Standing Up for America's Seniors Award
Issaquah, WA, Aug 14 -
Dave Reichert was presented with the 2012 Standing Up for America’s Seniors award by RetireSafe, a national, nonpartisan grassroots organization that advocates on behalf of America's seniors, for Reichert’s outstanding leadership on behalf of seniors.
Criteria for the award included:
- Exhibiting outstanding leadership in Congress to protect Medicare, which is critical to millions of American seniors and their families.
- Ensuring access to affordable prescription medicines for seniors through the Medicare Part D program.
- Demonstrating a continued commitment to protect the doctor/patient relationship for seniors.
- Preserving a vast selection of health care options for seniors so that they may choose the best plan for themselves and their families.
- Representing senior constituents with individual issues before government agencies so that they receive the benefits and services they have earned.
- Supporting government services and necessary funding for senior programs in the Representative’s district.
Reichert has received the award for his unwavering efforts to protect the health benefits and security of Washington’s seniors and citizens with disabilities. Reichert was presented the award during a ceremony at his Congressional district office in Issaquah, WA.
“I’m honored to receive the “Standing up For Seniors Award,” said Reichert. “I feel privileged to serve Washington’s seniors in Congress by improving and strengthening Medicare. I will continue to do everything in my power so that seniors and retirees are able to keep the affordable and efficient health care that they want and need.”
“Seniors have a true friend and leader in Dave Reichert, who is always fighting for a strong Medicare, affordable medicines, and preserving health care choices. He has definitely earned this award and deserves our thanks,” said Thair Phillips, President of RetireSafe.
Congressman Dave Reichert was appointed to the House Committee on Ways and Means on January 6, 2009. In 2011, he joined the Subcommittee on Health which includes in its jurisdiction programs such as Medicare that provide payments for health care, health delivery systems, and health research.
RetireSafe is national, nonprofit, nonpartisan grassroots organization that advocates and educates on behalf of America's seniors on issues regarding Social Security, Medicare, health and financial well-being.