Military Academy Nominations
Applying To My Office For A Nomination
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 8th District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
Interested students can download a 2016 application form here. Students must complete the form, with the additional items below and return it to my Issaquah District Office through U.S. mail, fax, or in person during the fall of their senior year of high school. The deadline for completed applications is November 4, 2016 at 3:00PM. Also, please note that it is extremely important that the student begin the application process with the academies themselves. Questions can be directed to Jacques Imperial at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read below for further instructions.
UPCOMING INFORMATIONAL EVENTS
Rep. Reichert's office will be hosting a Washington’s 8th Congressional District U.S. Service Academy Informational Event on October 13 from 4-6PM at Eastside Catholic High School. The purpose of the Service Academy Informational Event is to provide interested and competitive high school students an opportunity to meet representatives from each of the service academies: U.S. Military Academy (West Point), U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (Kings Point), and U.S. Coast Guard Academy. Each of these institutions provides a rigorous academic and physically demanding environment.
Field liaisons from the Service Academies will attend to answer any questions candidates may have, and my staff will be there, to discuss our nomination process.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Jacques Imperial in my District Office, in Issaquah: Jacques.Imperial@mail.house.gov or (425) 677-7414.
- Send my office a completed application form.
- Send directly to my office a sealed copy of your high school transcript.
- Send directly to my office three letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation may not come from family members, and at least one letter must be from a teacher, principal or high school counselor.
- SAT or ACT scores must be sent directly to my office from the testing agency. Please use the following testing codes:
1. SAT – 4161
2. ACT – 7745
- Send directly to my office your resume – please list activities, employment experience, honors, awards and accomplishments. You may also want to include a statement of personal interests and experiences.
- Send directly to my office an essay – Your essay should address why you should be nominated to a service academy. Please keep the essay to 2 pages, use 12 point font and double space.
- Please include a photo with the above documents.
- Please complete and send my office a media release form.
Please note: it is your responsibility to see that all application materials have been submitted to Congressman Reichert’s Issaquah Office. Staff will notify all candidates upon receipt of their application package.
Other Academy Opportunities:
- Naval Academy Summer Programs: http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Programs/
- West Point Summer Programs: http://www.usma.edu/admissions/SitePages/Summer.aspx
- Air Force Academy Summer Seminar: http://www.academyadmissions.com/admissions/outreach-programs/summer-seminar/
- Coast Guard Academy Introduction Mission: http://www.cga.edu/admissions2.aspx?id=88